Welcome to the Wisconsin Department of Justice Credible Leadership Education Academy
The Law Enforcement Institute for Credible Leadership Development (LEICLD) academy, is developed by the International Academy of Public safety (IAPS) and endorsed by the Wisconsin Department of Justice Training and Standards Bureau.
The program is an established 21st Century Educational Innovation Hub that has been utilized by over 38,296+ officers with over 7,000,000 hours of on-line education delivered nationwide. This scientifically developed, sustainable, affordable, achievable and reliable leadership education and development model sharpens the skills of the guardian-servant who leads with compassion, ethical decision-making, emotional intelligence and moral courage. It builds mutual trust and respect and problem solving capacity. It is:
- Proven – The curriculum has been scientifically developed and tested since 2009.
- Accessible – Officers can learn on-line 24/7 anywhere the Internet is available.
- Continuous– Professional, comprehensive LEO education and development are available from “hire to retire.”
- Affordable – LEO leadership skills and principles are delivered reliably and confidently at a fraction of traditional training costs.
- Sustainable – Leadership Academies are customized to meet the needs of any local agency or state-wide organization. Academy operational requirements fit local budgets and are cost-effective.
- Effective – LE-ICLD academies teach officers how to build mutual trust with the community which leads to problem solving collaboration while citizen complaints are reduced.
- Compatible – The LE-ICLD is filling the void of leadership education and development currently existing between basic police training and senior staff leadership education.
The participants complete an in-depth journey through online coursework by addressing relevant topics and proven theories. This allows you to practice and master concepts and skills designed to promote organizational excellence and co-active credible and trusting community relationships & outcomes.
Wisconsin / Attorney general